Some of the bags have cords I have spool knitted during down time at art shows.
http://www.inspiraled.com/crossbody-bags.html. I will be adding more on my website (there is a bags tab in the navigation bar) and some to my Etsy store as time allows.
- Each bag is about 6.5" wide at the top, 8.75" wide at its widest point, and about 7.5" in height.
- There are two topstitched pockets.
- Two grommets hold the cord (some with hand sewn knots, some with Lucite leaves, and most accented with pewter cones).
- The fabric is interfaced and/or faced; if it's a loose weave, it is also stabilized.
- Sometimes as many as six different fabrics are used for one; chosen because they are happy together.
- Each has a button and loop closure... often I use a blend of several buttons, a bead, and bead cap (because they are happy together, too).
- Buttons are secured to the bag with waxed linen, a spacer bead (for additional security) on the inside, and a little Fray-Check®.
- Some have a pointed bottom with a tassel. They are longer... 9.75" in height;15.75" with the tassel.
- The cords average about 50".
Still not quite satisfied, I hand stitched beads in the flower centers and added a red tassel to the drawstring.
Maybe one would make you happy!