Leather Statement Necklaces
I started creating leather collars in 2009 when silver prices were skyrocketing; now I enjoy doing them more than anything else! Deciding I needed to create some pieces using materials I had on hand, I dug out a stash of leather that had been closet bound for 15 years or so. I've gone through quite a few hides since then! The flowers and leaves all started because I couldn't bear to throw the scraps away!
- Each component is hand-cut, tooled, dyed, and rubbed with a conditioner.
- Pieces are secured with rivets and eyelets.
- Any antique hardware used has been cleaned, tumbled, sometimes patinaed, and rubbed with archival wax.
- The collar shapes, when flat, are about 9"H x 8" W to 10"H x 8"W with 11.5" pewter tipped leather cords that tie. This makes the length adjustable to neck size and the neckline being worn.
- Some are one of a kinds, depending on the embellishment.
- You may contact me regarding custom orders or incorporating your own treasures into a collar.
Five Flowers on Floral Patterned Collar
5 flowers with bead centers and leaf dangles on a floral patterned collar; leather cords with bolo tips make the length adjustable. Shown are 5 blue on tan (this one is mine and I wear it often!), 5 blue on red, and 5 red on Bordeaux (2 commissions). You may choose a color variation you like, such as:
Leather Flower Pendants on Stainless Steel Neck Wires
Leather Sliding Cord Necklaces
- Slide the knots to adjust the length.
- Lengths are indicated in each description.